• November 13ASVAB Test is scheduled for Tuesday, November 21 at 8 a.m. in the Middle School Media Center.

The Student News Site of Humboldt High School

The Cub Tracks

Pitch Perfect Review

Tilar Wells, Reporter

Pitch Perfect 2 is a comedy about the collegiate a cappella group the Barden Bellas and their journey to regain notoriety following an embarrassment that takes place early in the movie. The story of the Bellas began with the first movie in this series, Pitch Perfect.

The Bellas were introduced in the first movie as a group of singers from varied backgrounds who come together to eventually win a national singing title. The sequel takes the plot further by sending the singers to world competitions but still offers the hilarious storyline of some of the most beloved characters from the first movie.

One of the funniest characters in the movie is Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson); she is the one always giving me a laugh. My favorite scene of her in the movie is when she paddles across a lake in a boat singing to Bumper, the guy she likes, hoping that he will take her back.

The Bellas’ rivals in the first movie is a group of guys that called themselves the Treblemakers, but in the second movie that group is the least of their worries. Their main worry has become a German group called Das Sound Machine.

Overall, I personally liked Pitch Perfect 2 better than Pitch Perfect. I feel as though it portrayed more comedy and included more songs that I enjoy listening to. Do not get me wrong, both movies were great, I just favored the second one more.