• November 13ASVAB Test is scheduled for Tuesday, November 21 at 8 a.m. in the Middle School Media Center.

The Student News Site of Humboldt High School

The Cub Tracks

Big Bang Theory

Griffin Voorhies, Reporter

The Big Bang Theory is the number one comedy in America first airing in 2007. Leonard Hofstadter played by Johnny Galecki, and Sheldon Cooper played by Jim Parsons are both physicists working at the University in Pasadena, Calif. The pair are best friends and roommates. They are also friends with their university colleagues, mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz played by Simon Helberg and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali played by Kunal Nayyar.

The four friends spend their time working on their work projects, playing video games, watching Star Trek or Star Wars movies, or reading comic books. Because they are nerds, they have no luck with women. In the pilot episode a pretty woman named Penny, played by Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, moves across the hall and Leonard automatically falls in love with her after seeing her.

The Big Bang Theory is now in season eight, and the foursome all have girlfriends: Sheldon is dating Amy Farrah Fowler played by Mayim Bialik, Leonard is engaged to Penny, Howard is married to Bernadette played by Melissa Rauch, and Raj is dating Emily played by Laura Spencer.

I recommend this show because it is funny, has some drama, and is a good show to watch with the family on Thursday nights. New episodes of The Big Bang Theory air every Thursday at 7 p.m on CBS.