The Student News Site of Humboldt High School

The Cub Tracks

Lets be Cops

Griffin Voorhies, Reporter

Two best friends living in L.A., Ryan, Jake M Johnson, and Justin, Damon Wayans Jr., are two thirty-year-old men who are disappointed with their lives. Ryan is a former All-American quarterback at Purdue who did not go pro due to a career ending injury, instead he just wants to have fun and mess around. Justin has different plans, however. He wants to get his idea of a game he created published by his boss, but his boss has different ideas and makes his game into a different game with firefighters and zombies.

I think the funniest part of the movie is when Justin dresses up as a thug. He and Ryan try to go undercover to catch the Russian mobsters. My favorite character in the movie is Officer Segars, Rob Riggle, who comes into the movie acting serious about Ryan and Justin being real police officers, but then comes out of nowhere and befriends them and saves the day in the end.

Let’s Be Cops is funny but also stupid because this plot could never happen in real life, so it is not believable. This movie is not family friendly, because of the cursing, shooting, and bloodshed. Let’s Be Cops is a funny movie with action, however there are somewhat inappropriate language and behaviors in this movie.