The Student News Site of Humboldt High School

The Cub Tracks

SPARC’s First Fifth Quarter

Junior+Alex+Melendez+plays+on+the+wrecking+ball+inflatable+at+SPARC%27s+Fifth+Quarter.+
Junior Alex Melendez plays on the wrecking ball inflatable at SPARC's Fifth Quarter.

Zoey Rinehart

Zoey Rinehart

Students wait in line at Frostbite at SPARC's Fifth Quarter.

Students gathered to enjoy inflatables, snow cones, and laser lights on the square for Fifth Quarter hosted by SPARC on Sept. 1. Fifth Quarter is an option for students to enjoy a safe time together following home football games.

The event began at approximately 9 p.m. after high school students left the football game and traveled to the square to take part in sponsored activities until midnight.

While students danced, there were also laser lights. There were drunk goggles that showed what vision seemed like if alcohol was consumed, and students wore them while they tried to play catch. There were also two inflatables available which included a wrecking ball and a hoop shoot that were free to anyone who wanted to use them.

“I really liked that there were drunk goggles there to play catch with, but my favorite part was the wrecking ball because it was fun watching people fall off of it,” Veronica Bulk, so., said.

Every student who signed in got a free snow cone from Frostbite. SPARC paid for 70 of them, while Frostbite paid for the other 19. Overall, 89 students signed in, and approximately 19 more students were there.

“My favorite part was dancing with my friends because it brought us come closer together,” Camille Wood, fr., said.